Saturday, October 9, 2010

Preview: NU vs. Purdue

First, sorry I never got a recap up from our last game. I found myself significantly more busy than I though possible, but I'll offer up a brevity-recap here.
-Persa was really quite good with 300+ passing yards and almost 100 yards rushing. However he had a couple crucial mistakes, particularly a fumble and a bad interception.
-We had an interesting runningback situation. Arby never got a carry. Trumpy had a good game, but didn't get enough carries. And we burned Adonis Smith's redshirt, which was odd.
-Ebert is a total beast. He made a great game-saving catch.

Ok, now for the Purdue preview. I know my optimism almost didn't pay off for me last week, but I'm optimistic again. This is because Purdue has had substantial injury problems. Their injured players include their star quarterback, their star wide receiver, another wide receiver, and four runningbacks. Expect Purdue to have lots of trouble moving the ball. Purdue's defense. however, is not at all bad. Nonetheless, Northwestern's offense will still most likely be what it's been all year: a struggling run game and domination by Persa and Ebert.
Prediction: I'm probably going to regret this, but NU by 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment